Monday, April 25, 2005

Another hoard to sort through...

I just got back home about an hour ago after visiting my favorite Colorado Springs stamp dealer, Shayne Clinard. Shayne bought out another friend of mine, Santos Alvarado, and moved into Santos' old shop near downtown Colorado Springs. He has some true bargains now and then, and today I picked up one.

Shayne buys stamps some way I haven't figured out yet, but he must get a good deal. He sells better material on eBay, and offers the "leavings" to local buyers. The box I bought today contained a stock sheet virtually covered with the low values of the Silver Wedding Anniversary issue of George VI, a half-dozen pages from an old approval book (Latvia, Lithuania, Fiume, Hungary, Bavaria, Poland), about 20 French covers from the late 1960's, about a dozen complete sets from various countries, including several George VI Coronation issues, and around 150 glassines with sets, singles, and accumulations from some 50 countries, and a handful of loose stamps on and off paper. There are also about 30 dealer's stock sheets with South Africa stamps, mostly from the 30's through the 50's, and back of the book (LOTS of setenant pairs!). There are also two White Ace album pages with the American Stamp Dealer's Association show labels for 1949 through 1952 (4 sets of 4 stamps each). Unfortunately, they're stuck down to the album page.

As I get some of this sorted down, I'll be adding the stamps I don't need to my trade lists. There are several stamps here worth more than a few dollars, and several complete sets I know are duplicates. There were three complete sets of Montenegro 45-56, mint hinged (2003 Scott - $3.25). I haven't checked them yet to see if the perf 11.5 varieties are included, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I hope to have a blogroll up later this evening, and a link to my stamp trading list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home