Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Hard Task of Keeping Things Updated

I'm spending most of this weekend trying to update my want/offer lists on my personal website. I've neglected them since I had to change Internet service providers, and it shows. I added over 200 new items to my "offer" list alone for Norway.

It's hard slogging. Today is one of those days when I woke up tired (sleep apnea is a pain!), and haven't made any improvement as the day progresses. I've managed to update about a dozen pages so far. Some of them take a lot of time, like the Norway. Some of them haven't seen any changes in the seven years I've been maintaining them. That's a sad commentary on the growth of my collection!

One place where I cannot find nice used stamps from is Afars and Issas. They just don't seem to exist! I've managed to find a large number of better Switzerland recently, including the elusive 3c gray definitive from the 1949 set. I've had the Type II for ten years, but just got the 3c last month. There are other countries where it's DIFFICULT to find stamps, but I see them now and then - even stamps from Moheli, Obock, Ste Marie de Madagascar, and scores of other small early French colonies. I've seen exactly one lot in the last five years offering Afars and Issas stamps. That lot had four Afars and Issas stamps among the 120 or so being offered, and that was on Beverly Fox's Weeda Bidboard.

Tomorrow is another day, and I'm sure I'll find more stamps to add to my collection. These days, I'm adding stamps one or two at a time, rather than in huge lots (except for the Sweden, for obvious reasons). That means I have to update more and more pages, and update them more often. Hopefully I'll be able to do that and still keep writing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home