Saturday, June 11, 2005

Full Disclosure

I ran into an old friend of mine that I've exchanged stamps with several times in the local grocery store yesterday. We talked about several things, including trading and this blog. He's not much into the Internet, so I doubt he'll ever appear here. He did ask a couple of questions I feel compelled to answer here.

I talk a lot about two dealers, Shayne Clinard of Web-Collector.com, and Beverly Fox of Weeda Stamps, Ltd.. Shayne is the dealer I work for, and Beverly is both a personal friend and one place where I dispose of my excess material, as well as buy.

While I work for Shayne, he doesn't have any say on what goes into this blog. Yes, I talk a lot about what's available on his eBay listings, because I put many of them together to go there. He doesn't pay me to advertise here. He doesn't contribute to my payment to maintain my Internet connection, other than to pay me for the work I do. I just think it's interesting to discuss what goes on "behind the door" so to speak at a heavily-web-based stamp company. And yes, I do get a small discount on stamps I buy, solely because I do work for Shayne's company.

Beverly could advertise here if she wished, but so far I don't have a large enough readership to make that worthwhile, or cost-effective. Once I've reached a hundred readers a day (which may take YEARS at the rate we're growing), advertising might be practical. In the meantime, I'll continue to mention her and her weekly bidboard now and then, just because I find them both interesting and informative.

There aren't a lot of readers of this blog right now, and I hope there will be more. I'd appreciate any comments that anyone might have about content, scope, or any other matter that could make this blog more interesting to those who read it. Please don't hesitate to leave a note, or to send me a private email. I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone might have, as well as posting some more images of stamps from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home